A wonderful, dynamic family in Los Gatos, CA is looking for a detail-oriented, self-starting, family assistant to join a truly exceptional and professional team. This position will be a huge learning experience for someone who wants to grow in the private sector as a family assistant while working as a member of a finely tuned and supportive household staff. Someone who can pick up on the ins and outs of how the home runs, find ways to fine-tune processes and take ownership in their role will excel in this role for years to come.
The ideal candidate can look forward to spending time with a dedicated loving staff as they support a bustling household. Family assistant duties include owning tasks such as grocery procurement, vehicle maintenance, sending and receiving mail, children's laundry and other general daily, weekly, monthly, bi-monthly tasks that support the home as a whole. This is a dream position for candidates that truly thrive in highly organized environments, who can run point on tasks, and who are willing to take on additional tasks and responsibilities as needed while being supported by a tight-knit and professional household staff.
After a few transitional weeks of learning the family's routines and structure, the family assistant will be expected to jump in and use the existing infrastructure to assist the family and the rest of the household staff by owning your responsibilities and duties. A successful candidate will be a wonderful multi-tasker, tech-savvy, and a self-starter. Applicants with the demonstrated ability to work as an effective member of a busy in-home staff, maintain confidentiality and discretion, and be a team player will thrive in this role.
Hourly compensation is generous and commensurate with experience. The weekly schedule will be Monday-Friday with guaranteed weekly hours and the opportunity for additional hours with advanced notice. Paid time off, sick days, and additional benefits will be offered for the right candidate.
This position is open to all candidates who currently live within a commutable distance of Los Gatos, CA. Start date: as soon as they find the perfect fit!
· Family assistant tasks to include grocery shopping, vehicle maintenance, clerical projects, errands, children’s laundry, light housekeeping and running point on tasks upon request
· Be detailed oriented, organized, self-starting, and possess proven time management skills
· Work confidently as a member of the team to run point and complete tasks
· Be flexible and willing to take on new tasks and responsibilities as this new position evolves
· 2 years full-time professional in-home experience
· Bright, driven and confident working both as part of a professional household team and independently
· Demonstrate excellent judgment and ownership in their role
· A valid driver's license and clean driving record
· Family assistant experience preferred
· Possess an ability to think on your feet, problem solve and ask questions
· Exhibits a high level of professionalism
· Professional childcare experience is a bonus but not a prerequisite
· Glowing references!