Head east of the mountains to live in scenic Lake Chelan, Washington! An amazing opportunity to live in a desert paradise where Washington's most beautiful lakes, hikes, skiing, and scenery awaits you!
Are you an experienced family assistant who thrives in a role where you can take ownership, work as a team with a loving and engaged dad, and inspire two teenage children while making a home run smoothly? A single-parent family that we have worked with before with a 15-year-old son and a 13-year-old daughter is looking for a full-time, live-out family assistant to join them ASAP!
In this role, you will work in tandem with Dad to take care of a bustling household and support the family in after-school activities, event planning, and most of all healthy meal preparation! The children split time between their parent's local homes, so you will help to take loving care and manage the children's busy schedules during their weeks at their father's house and assume a household manager role during the weeks they are not there. A candidate who is self-starting, is a jack-or-jane-of-all-trades, enjoys preparing meals, and is happy to jump in where needed will excel in this role for years to come!
During the "on" weeks you can expect to coordinate all things childcare related: drive to and from school to sporting events, coordinate pickups, help with homework, healthy meal prep, and all the other ins and outs with two busy teenagers! On the "off" weeks you will assume a family assistant role: grocery shopping, pet care for the family's dog, overseeing vendors, and overall household management.
This family relies heavily on someone who is a wonderful, healthy cook and meal planner. Prerequisite experience or training in a culinary capacity is desired, but being adept in the kitchen and a desire to hone your new skills will work as well. The dad is happy to sponsor cooking classes to sharpen up your skills.
The schedule for this live-out position will be full-time during the weeks where the children are at home Wednesday - Monday and part-time during the "off" weeks with Thursday-Sunday off with a guaranteed 64 hours per two week period. Compensation is generous and commensurate with experience.
This position is open to Adventure Nannies candidates nationwide who are legally able to work in the United States and are excited about the prospect of living in this gorgeous town. The start date for this position: as soon as they find the right person!
- Manage all grocery shopping, meal planning, and preparation for the family
- Interact confidently with active 15-year-old boy and 13-year-old-daughter
- Manage schedules and take children from school to and from their various extracurricular activities
- Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
- Household management tasks to include: groceries, meal prep, household laundry, general picking up around the house, pet care
- Provide homework oversight
- Occasionally travel and overnight care with advanced notice
- 3 years full-time professional childcare experience
- Experience cooking and a desire to support the family in all meal prep activites
- Bright, driven and confident interacting with the children and running a home
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and ownership in their role
- A clean driving record
- Experience teaching or tutoring middle school and high school students is preferred
- Dedication to an active and healthy lifestyle
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed