A busy family of four who splits their time between Denver and an idyllic farm in Massachusetts is looking for a bright and experienced private educator to join their family and educate their 12-year-old daughter, who will be entering 7th grade in the fall.
The ideal candidate is experienced with teaching middle-school aged children and curriculum development. In addition to leading their daughter through the 7th-grade curriculum, this down-to-earth educator will also be tasked with planning educational outings and field trips in Denver and beyond and driving the daughter to and from sports and other after-school activities. This family loves the outdoors and would love to find an educator who enjoys sports, exploring, hiking, biking, horseback riding, and isn't afraid to get a little dirty on the family farm during trips to the East Coast! The daughter also loves animals, music, art and cooking and would love to sharpen her skills in the kitchen with this educator.
In this role you will be more than just a teacher and will also mentor the pre-teen, supporting her to build confidence and positive social relationships.
The family has three large dogs and two cats in their household and employs a housekeeper. They also plan to have horses, goats, and chickens at the farm and are hoping to find someone who enjoys their animals as much as they do!
They also have a 17-year-old son who will be a senior in high school this year, so your energy will be focused solely on the 12-year-old. The family is hoping to find someone who will be a positive role model in addition to an experienced teacher who will truly bond with their daughter. Someone who is energetic, nurturing and full-hearted who also has strong boundaries and discipline skills will excel in this role!
This position is live-out, and the family is happy to assist the right re-location candidate with finding separate accommodations in Denver if they would like. This position is open to all candidates who possess a current driver's license and clean driving record, a valid US passport, a love of spending time outdoors, and 5-10 years of teaching experience. Start date is the beginning of September, or sooner for the right candidate!
* Following the curriculum provided by parents and building supplemental activities and lessons around their pre-approved curriculum
* Balance independent lessons with group activities, classes, and other engagement outside the home
* Develop a learning style that is fun, engaging and effective for a pre-teen
* Providing a safe and loving environment for the pre-teen to learn and grow
* Presenting learning objectives and regular reports to the parents in a detailed and organized manner
* Working with parents, teachers, and other members of the students support network to develop the best methods of learning
* Be a great role model!
* At least 5 years of teaching experience
* Curriculum and lesson planning experience
* Experience working as a traveling private educator for junior high students would be highly desired
* Bachelor's degree is required
* Positive references detailing team player attitude
* CPR Certified