A warm, loving and very busy family of four is looking for an organized and intuitive nanny and family assistant. The family splits their time between their homes in Denver, Colorado and a farm in Massachusetts. The family has a 12-year-old daughter and a 17-year-old son, and so the nanny will primarily be responsible for the younger child. This inclusive family loves their animals and has three large dogs that travel with them between their homes. At their farm, they also plan to have horses, goats, chickens and lots of room to roam and play! Loving animals and the outdoors is a requirement for this role!
As a hybrid role, you will split your time between supporting the family's youngest child and providing other family assisting tasks.
The nanny role will include providing transportation to activities, researching activities at home and while traveling that may be of interest to the child, planning outings and adventures, researching and preparing healthy recipes together in the kitchen, and joining her in whatever she is interested in. The young lady loves to cook and the parents are very supportive of her exploring all sorts of healthy cuisine. Beyond being a "nanny" this person will be a role model and mentor to the student who will be transitioning into a homeschool environment.
As a family assisting your tasks may vary from scheduling, managing correspondence and vendors, managing aspects of a major construction project and home renovation, grocery shopping, meal prep, and anything else that is required to ensure the home is running smoothly. Due to the dynamic nature of this family, they are looking for someone who is very organized and can communicate very well.
The schedule will provide two consecutive days off each week and will be built at least two weeks in advance. It will regularly require evenings and weekends as that is when they need the most support and coverage. This family spends their summers in Massachusetts and also makes several longer trips throughout the year and hope to find someone excited to be flexible to travel and live on the east coast for extended periods of time.
They would love to have someone in place as soon as possible and are also willing to wait for the right person. The compensation will be competitive and the family will be offering healthcare reimbursement, paid time off and the perk of working with a loving and adventurous family!
* Care for, engage, and be a relatable role model for a 12-year-old girl & occasionally provide support to a 17-year-old boy and the whole family
* Manage schedules and provide transportation to activities
* Plan enriching activities beyond basic care, including local outings and adventures
* Family assisting to include: managing the calendar, vendors and correspondence, grocery shop and keep the home stocked, meal prep, researching projects as assigned, booking travel, accommodations and activities, making sure the home is neat and tidy, and walking the dogs
* Manage aspects of construction and renovation projects
* Provide homework help for junior high student
* Frequently travel with the family
* 3 years full-time professional childcare experience
* A bachelor's degree or higher
* Early childhood and tutoring experience a bonus
* Worldly, and experienced traveling both personally and professionally
* Flexible to travel and live out of state for long periods of time
* A valid US Passport and sturdy suitcase!
* A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
* Glowing references!