A laid-back yet bustling family in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan is looking to hire an energetic and self-starting nanny to care for their two inquisitive boys aged 4 and 2 years old.
Both parents have full-time jobs and are seeking a nanny whose energy will be focused on engaging their two boys the way they would if they were home. While this house has a staff that includes a housekeeper and a part-time chef, a candidate who is comfortable stepping in with light meal prep and tidying when needed will be considered a wonderful addition to the household.
The right person will be able to seamlessly fit right into the family and their philosophies. The boys are at an exciting age of development and open-mindedness, and the perfect candidate will be excited to be a part of those years, to engage with them and to help show them their full potential. Having a passion for healthy living, stimulating young minds and creativity are musts! Someone who is bilingual and happy to introduce the boys to another language would be a great plus. The family takes occasional week-long vacations to California, ski trips in the west as well as other trips and are hoping to bring their nanny along!
This is a full-time live-out position with a schedule that will be primarily flexible for the right person. They are offering a competitive hourly rate between $23-$25/hour for the right person, as well PTO and a metro card.
This position is open to all Adventure Nanny candidates who are legally able to work in the US, possess a valid driver’s license and passport, and currently live within a commutable distance of Manhattan.
- Basic childcare duties including but not limited to: feeding, bathing, dressing, morning and bedtime routines
- Engaging the children in creative, educational, and nurturing activities
- Encourage independent and imaginative play
- Assist in keeping the home neat and tidy
- Manage school pick ups and drop offs
- Plan creative and educational activities and outings
- Travel domestically and abroad
- Occasional weekend / evening support
- Prepare healthy, well-balanced meals, using fresh ingredients
- Experience with toddlers and early elementary age children and an interested in learning about early childhood education and different developmental milestones
- Proactive and excited to join the family as a team member to collaborate with parents, teachers, and other nannies
- High energy, creative, very verbal, silly, joyful, honest, organized and neat, worldly, a foodie, responsible, most importantly exercises good judgment
- Experience with multiple kids
- Loves the outdoors and enjoys physical activities
- Models a healthy lifestyle by making positive food and lifestyle choices
- A current passport
- A Bachelor's degree or higher