An innovative and loving Bay Area family is seeking a responsible, organized, and collaborative forever nanny to care for their soon-to-be four-year-old girl and one-year-old boy. As growing children in the most impressionable and wonderous points of their growth, their future nanny should have a passion for education, a knowledge for developmental milestones, and a deep excitement to foster their educational, emotional, and behavioral growth. Excellent communication is a key element in this home, as they are looking for someone to partner alongside mom and dad and work together in order to create a warm and educational environment. Someone with a clear and articulate vision of how they will incorporate developmentally enriching activities and create a fun learning environment will thrive in this role. The family would love to find a nanny who is aligned with Montessori or a similar philosophy. This role will involve partnering with the parents of this home as well as the children’s grandmother, who plays an instrumental role in the day to day routine of the children and creates an environmental foundation of the Mandarin language. As their loving and educational nanny, this person will spend their day facilitating an environment of learning and creative development for their children. Someone who is comfortable performing child-related housekeeping duties such as laundry, organizing their play area, transportation to and from activities, and preparing healthy meals will do well in this role for years to come! Knowledge of food allergies and an ability to partner with the parents in administering oral immunotherapy is also important in this role. A candidate who is comfortable and excited to travel along on family vacations to help their children develop a sense of adventure and excitement about other cultures will be appreciated. As the children grow, they’d love for their nanny to assist with tutoring and academic support. This family may be growing in the coming year or two so someone who is excited to support their family long-term and has some infant experience would be preferred! This is a full-time and live-out position based in Palo Alto, CA. The family is offering competitive compensation of around $30 an hour with paid overtime for a 50 hours per week schedule as well as an annual discretionary bonus. The schedule will generally fall on weekdays from 8 am to 6 pm. This family is offering two weeks paid vacation, healthcare and retirement benefits, and will be providing a nanny vehicle.
They hope to find the perfect someone to join their family team November of 2018! This family is happy to consider relocation candidates for this role. Candidates with the prerequisite childcare experience, a working knowledge of the Montessori philosophy and/or proficiency in the Mandarin language will be prioritized!
- Assisting with child-related transportation and accompanying them to activities as needed
- Keeping toys, books, and other kid gear and materials organized and tidy
- Light child-related housekeeping like laundry, organizing kids meals/food prep/cleanup, etc.
- Assisting with coordination of the children's daily scheduling and logistics
- Frequent communication with parents on developmental updates and childcare planning
- Ability to act independently and manage situations calmly
- Ability and interest in traveling with family
- Experience and familiarity with early childhood education and the Montessori philosophy strongly preferred
- Knowledgeable and proactive with developmental stages and proactive in teaching children.
- Flexibility to travel with the family and a spirit of adventure!
- Mandarin proficiency is a huge plus but not a requirement!
- CPR certified
- Clean driving record and valid driver's license
- Up to date on immunizations with annual flu shot
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed